Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Wonderful Beginning

I've been at college for a little over a week and it has inspired me in so many ways! I'm finally situated in the place I'll call home for the next four years.  

I can't get over how incredibly friendly everyone is here! It's a huge change from my high school. The aspect of community here is huge. There is SO much I want to talk about because it's so wonderful! So many new experiences!

It's weird, I know, but I'm not used to people being so nice. And to wanting to get to know me and care about my well-being. Outside of my family, nobody has really been like that before. Only people I've met here have. I haven't been this happy in such a long time! Or free, and relaxed, and...comfortable.

I've found a great group of people who I can be myself with and not worry about being judged. I'm not afraid to leave my comfort zones here and experience all there is this college has to offer. I've experienced gong meditation which is extremely weird, yet relaxing at the same time. I'm getting involved in clubs that I never would have thought would interest me before. It's all about finding out who I am and who I want to be as an individual. I feel that this college is the best place to do that. 

Basically what I've taken away from these past two weeks are: Live in the moment. There's no need to hurry or rush, just go with the flow. Know the obligations and the responsibilities, but don't stress about them, or dwell on them until they happen. Be free, be happy, love life!


No comments:

Post a Comment