Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer of Healing Before College

For the past few days I've been feeling a heck of a lot better than I did after my concussion. I'm able to stand up and walk around on my own now which seems pretty weird that it would be something I'm happy about, but after not being able to for two weeks it's a big deal. I'm actually starting to get back to normal! 

Yesterday my blood work came back and it explains a lot. I found out the reasoning behind why I felt so sick for a week before fainting, as well as the reason why I fainted in the first place. Two irritations called Lyme Disease and Mono are to blame.  

I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason. I happened to get sick this summer because there were underlying things making me feel constantly tired that needed to be fixed to make me better. This way I will be able to be as healthy as possible for college.  So even though I can't go do any physical activity because of my concussion, and I have to take what feels like a ton of medicine for a while to get rid of the sicknesses and boost up my immune system, I'll feel way better when I'm done. That's what I keep telling myself.

Instead of this being the summer full of fun before going off to college, it will be the summer of healing so that I will be able to have an amazing time in college and not have any health issues in my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment