Thursday, January 30, 2014

So I've Read Another Great Book...


This statement is entirely, one hundred percent true. Whenever I pick up a book that completely captures my attention and seems to consume my life I have a difficult time adjusting back to the real world. This just happened to me after I read I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. 

Basically the main character Poppy, feels so lucky to be marrying her dream man until she loses the engagement ring in a hotel fire drill. Not only that, but she loses her cell phone that same day. She finds an abandoned cell phone just sitting in a trash bin that she immediately takes for herself and uses until she can get her own back. The phone she finds happens to be a company phone that a PA just tossed aside when she quit, so all emails pertaining to businessman, Sam, are there for Poppy to read. Sam of course wants the phone back, but Poppy refuses and bargains to forward all important emails and calls to him if she can keep it until she finds her ring. Poppy snoops through all the emails of course and finds out a lot about Sam's personal life, and eventually becomes involved in helping solve a major company scandal. She has to deal with all that along with wedding preparations and mysterious behavior from her boyfriend. 

It was a fantastic book! From the minute I picked it up I couldn't put it down, and when I eventually had to, it was all I could think about. The characters are all so real. There's also different parts of this story to follow along with as you read too which made it even more exciting. There's Poppy's problem of trying to find her lost engagement ring while hiding this fact from her boyfriend, the company scandal she gets sucked into, and mixed emotions. It's a sort of love story and a mystery all wrapped up into one. Then events seem to be going in one direction and then something entirely different happens which will make you go, "WHAT?!" multiple times throughout it. (In a good way!) The only part I wasn't too particularly fond of was the  f-bomb being dropped continuously throughout the novel, but it doesn't ruin the story at all. That's a personal complaint I had, but its very minor. 

So, check this book out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment