Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Cure for Stress

Yes, I've found my own personal cure for all of the anxiety that is associated with school. All it requires is a little fresh air, and reading. All weekend! 

Friday night I started a book until I fell asleep. The next morning I just picked right up where I left off and read until I was done. I completed the same routine last night into this morning and I feel so much better. Typically on Sunday afternoons I dread having to get up for school the next morning, but right now I'm actually looking forward to going back. 

There is just something about the way a book can suck me in completely and make me forget where I am and get my mind off of everything that is so amazing. I love it! 

So, this weekend I read two books: Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Both were great reads. Sometimes It Happens was interesting because of the flashback aspect of it. I always love when new things are revealed through flashbacks that all suddenly connect and make sense. My Life Next Door started to go one way and then suddenly took a turn in a totally unexpected direction. Plot twists are always intriguing. I'd of course like to go into writing about all my thoughts about both books, yet I don't want to give away spoilers. (In case there are, in fact, people who read my blog and would potentially read one of these books). 

Reading non stop was definitely a much needed stress reliever. Then there was the spending time outside part of my weekend. I love the transition from summer into fall and how cool the nights become. From four o'clock on is my favorite time to be outside during this seasonal transition. 

Now I'm ready to get up for school tomorrow morning without a negative attitude. Then hopefully keep up the same way of thinking for the rest of the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment