Friday, August 23, 2013

Creative Recycling

I have a ton of Seventeen magazines lying around that I wasn't reading. I was going to recycle them, but I felt like doing something creative instead of simply putting them in the recycling bin. I did some searching and found instructions on how to make recycled magazine wrapped bangles that are awesome! The idea came from this cool blog here

I cut up strips of magazine that were long enough to be wrapped around the bangle. The height of this one is 2.1 cm and has a 6.6 cm inner diameter. I found these particular bangles here

I put Mod Podge on the bracelet using a paintbrush and then wrapped each strip around it. (I found that putting extra Mod Podge over each strip made it stay in place and not curl up as I was working on it.) Once I had the whole bracelet completely wrapped, I covered the whole surface with Mod Podge and let it dry. 

And here is the finished product. It's recycled, unique, and totally cool! 





No comments:

Post a Comment