Monday, July 1, 2013

Views so Far...

My audience consists of mostly the United States right now, which I guess makes sense. What's kind of interesting to me is the number of views I have from other countries such as the Netherlands, Russia, Germany, Italy, Bosnia, Bangladesh, and the United Kingdom. I'm not sure if people there are actually looking at my blog or if they're just scams. Nobody ever comments so I wouldn't know.

You know what would be so awesome? If someone from London, England happened to see my blog. I became obsessed after watching Doctor Who. Actually, I'm obsessed with Doctor Who and because of that I want to visit someday. Or have a pen pal from there. Any connection would satisfy me.

But you know what would also be awesome? If DAVID TENNANT happened to somehow see my blog. Just thought I'd put it out there even though the odds of that happening are slim to none.

I have a total of three hidden notes in library books (and I know for a fact that they wouldn't be getting me views from other countries), I commented on figment forums, and even posted something on instagram. I really want people to read my blog. How is an author supposed to get noticed if nobody knows about or reads their work? It took my dad a few years to become successful with his blog so I just have to be patient, keep posting, and eventually it will be read by people other than my parents.

2 comments:

  1. Forums, Blogs, and social media. Post on forums, Find similar blogs and become active on them, get more social media accounts and share links on them. Follow people with similar interests and post. Content will attract viewers. Write often and post regularly. Google plus has communities you can join, get a twitter account and follow other writers, get them to follow you, post links. You need to spread the word for it to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, tag your posts! I see you only have 2 that are labeled as poems. Tag everything with whatever you can. Reviews, random thoughts, short stories, whatever you can think of. It helps search engines find your content and it helps visitors navigate your blog.

    ReplyDelete