Monday, July 1, 2013

Poem Monday!

I found my folder of writing from my Creative Writing class! I should have posted everything when I was actually taking the class, but better late than never I guess. Since the whole point of my blog is to share my writing I should actually start posting it. It defeats the purpose if I don't. So, I'll post poems on Mondays to start. I might post short stories or ongoing stories on a different day too. Although I'm constantly writing so I just have to go the extra step to share it!

To start 'Poem Monday' (I guess that's what I'll call these posts) here is a...well...a poem.

Walking Away

Silence awaits me in the pitiful darkness,
as my heart sinks with regret and despair.
Lies are the only words ever uttered from his mouth.
That is a fact now.

There isn't any sense waiting here alone
when it's certain he won't arrive at all.
Another minute is all I want, but I can't bear
to stand in the cold any longer.

My heart convinces my feet to stay frozen in place,
while my mind urges them to run away.
One lone tear slowly falls down my cheek,
onto the abrasive ground below.

Finally a deep breath decides what I should do.
I leave.
The tear remains frozen and alone on the ground,
waiting for something I gave up on,
in a place where I know I will never return.

No comments:

Post a Comment