Sunday, August 11, 2013

I Love Reading, but...

I don't know whether the books for summer reading are all generally boring or if its just the fact that I'm basically forced to read the books that's making summer reading so irritating. I have to read The Poison Wood Bible and Jane Eyre for AP English. I'm not really enjoying them. Actually, that's not entirely true. I haven't read Jane Eyre yet. 

I mean, The Poison Wood Bible was okay, but I didn't understand all the religious references. I'm not particularly religious myself so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage here. Hopefully all the metaphors and symbolism I found isn't completely off because there aren't any religious references. I just have to wait two weeks to find out I suppose. 

Now I'm starting Jane Eyre. It seems like it will be interesting. 

It's such torture to be forced to read books that I didn't originally want to read when there are a whole shelf of books I want to read sitting right next to me calling my name.  

"Read us? Read us, please? We are so lonely sitting here on this shelf." 

Aww, those poor books! They just have to wait until after I finish my summer reading assignments. As hard as it is to ignore their pleading...


No comments:

Post a Comment