Thursday, August 22, 2013

Green Mountain College: My Number One Choice for College

I should have posted this on Monday when I got back from my trip instead of waiting until Thursday night, but I've been busy finishing up summer reading and all that before school starts in four days. 

On Monday I visited Green Mountain College again because I think it is an extremely awesome place, as well as my number one choice for college. Even though I didn't really need to visit again after the week I spent there during camp I couldn't give up the opportunity for another visit. I love how quiet it is just walking through campus. I know that it was the summer and there weren't classes going on yet, but still. It's peaceful. That is perfect for me because I prefer wind rushing through the trees and birds instead of boisterous cities. Plus the campus is small and class sizes are capped at thirty students so it won't be like sitting in a giant lecture hall where the teacher won't know who I am. Everyone I've talked to about the school also says that the teachers are personable and work with students so that they are able to get the best education that they can. That is another aspect that makes me want to apply there.  

I feel like I would get the best education there rather than at a giant university of a thousand students or more. Green Mountain College is the PERFECT school for me. Quiet, small, environmentally friendly, sustainable and organic. 

Once I finish getting teacher recommendations and taking the SAT I will be all set to apply!   


No comments:

Post a Comment